Friday, September 3, 2010

It’s that time of year again!


Yes, it’s time for me to abandon my husband and children and lock myself away to write another novel in a mind-bending 72 hours.

Yesterday, my twelve year old son asked plaintively, “Will you be making three days worth of meals ahead of time, so we have something to eat?” I just laughed cruelly and twirled my pencil, because I don’t have an old-timey moustache to twirl.

It’ll be character building for them to learn to fend for themselves.

And right after the contest, it’ll be the most wonderful time of the year:


Poodlefest 2010!

Tuesday, September 7th, be ready to get your poodle on.

4 comments:

  1. Welcome back,and best wishes for the 3 day novel contest.Thank you for the "Poodle skirt link"which brought back a lot of memories. Hind

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! Your well wishes were very much appreciated. :-)

    The novel is done, and soon to be mailed off with fingers crossed. It was quite the experience! My basil died, because no one watered it for 3 days, but that was the only casualty in the family. My husband, the children, the pets, they all survived!

    Hurray!

    ReplyDelete
  3. welcome back! im glad ur back becuz i LOVE ur blog...my friends all think i'm nuts when i read it in public and am giggling like a fiend.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Margaret!

    I'm glad you're enjoying my blog. It makes my day to know that I can make you laugh out loud in public. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete